Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 18th- Mega Church

Though today was not as intense as it has been as of late, I still managed to get sleepy. We went to the English service early in the morning. Scott, our trip coordinator spoke about 'open doors'. I think he hit the message right on. After the service Josh, Amanda and myself went to worship practice to prepare for next sunday. After procuring a guitar for me, the Korean team, our American team, along with a Mongolian and Chilean, all played worship songs from my childhood. I played the guitar, and noticed how special it was that we were all there at one moment, ordained and anointed by God to worship together in Iksan South Korea. I found myself getting quite confused with the language barrier, but eventually the music all began to gel, and we were worshipping together in the shared language of English.

Later that evening we were asked to sing at the Night service. I expected around fifty people, or less to attend. The team with the eight hours of free time we were allotted practiced in the chapel for about forty five minutes. As we arrived I took in the lush sanctuary, the elongated stage, and the rows of endless lines of chairs. The only would that comes to mind for describing this place is, grandeur. It ended up that the service was approximately 500 people, but though nerves temporarily paralyzed me, we sang with quality behind our trembling voices, and listening to a recording, I am proud to say that we all were on key despite our lack of vocal inculcation. I have grown up preforming in front of large quantities of people, but just to have the chance to perform, though last minute, in front of a foreign audience was rather humbling.

God is seriously blessing our trip immensely. I cannot even fathom the plans and surprises that He has concocted already and is awaiting to spill onto us.

We drove back to our host home and had a brief foray at the Korean grocery store and the famous Paris Baguette. Our host home is so generous. I want to be lavish as they are on my future guests.

Today was a good day.

Cheers from Iksan, South Korea,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment